In Vietnam, the mountainous region of Yen Tu in Thuong Yen Cong Commune, Uong Bi District, Quang Ninh Province is famous all over the world for its beautiful landscapes, historical relics and hundreds of ancient pagodas and towers, earning its name as the Buddhism capital of Dai Viet, Vietnam’s former name.
Tourists should not miss the Yen Tu festival which occurs every spring from the tenth day of the first month to the third month of Lunar New Year.
From Hanoi, it is a 115 kilometers drive to Quang Ninh Province, passing Uong Bi District, then turning onto Vang Danh Street for 9 more kilometers, and then turning left to the street leading to the region.
In the past, tourists to Yen Tu had to climb the six-kilometer track, on steps made from rock, through the bamboo and pine tree forest leading to Yen Tu.
Today they have the option of going by cable car, which has been operating since 2002, which will carry tourists to the Hoa Yen pagoda, and from there they can walk to visit other landscapes in the region.
In the cool weather of spring many tourists still prefer following the track for a leisurely climb to all the tourism sites in Yen Tu. All the pagodas and sites here bear legendary stories of Vietnamese King Tran Nhan Tong leaving the court to follow a religious life in Yen Tu in the thirteen century.
In order to contemplate the beauty of all the pagodas and temples here, tourists should follow the Giai Oan Stream (Vindication Stream), then go to Tung and Truc streets to the Tower and Hoa Yen Pagoda, and from there to Mot Mai, Bao Sai pagodas, visiting An Ky Sinh statue and Dong (Bronze) Pagoda on the right side.
On the way to Dong Pagoda, which is the highest pagoda in Yen Tu, there are more than 20,000 constructions with small and large relics. Near Hoa Yen Pagoda is a street called Tung (pine tree) street because it has two rows of ancient pine trees, dating back 600 to 700 years.
Passing this street, tourists will see an ancient rock tower, To Tower, rising to the mountain with the name “Dragon’s Forehead”. A short distance from To Tower is Ngu Doi waterfall.
The more adventurous can go up 800 meters to visit Bao Sai Pagoda, one of the earliest pagodas here. And going even higher brings visitors to the Vong Phu stone, which resembles a mother embracing a child, standing out from the view of forests and mountains. The last stop is Dong Pagoda on the peak of Yen Tu mountain, 1,068 meters above sea level.
Dong Pagoda has been rebuilt at a cost of more than VND21bil. The copper pagoda is 20 meters square in area with a height of 3,35 meters.
The whole pagoda, including more than 3,500 items of statues, bells, and more, weighs around 70 tons. The pagoda is skillfully carved and from far away looks just like a golden lotus. In Truc Lam Zen Monastery, at the foot of Yen Tu Mountain, tourists can hear the supreme monk lecturing about the history and the dogma of Buddhism.
06:00 Driver and tour guide of APT Travel pick you up at the appointed site for departure to Yen Tu. Stop in Hai Duong for refreshment (take a short rest or have breakfast at your own pocket).
08:00 On arrival in Yen Tu Complex, you get Hoa Yen Pagoda by cable car. Visit the pagoda and pray for happiness, prosperity and fortune for your families and relatives.
10:00 Pilgrim to Dong (Bronze) Pagoda lying at the height of 1,068 meters on Van Tuong Mountain. On the way, you incense at An Ky Sinh Statue.
11:00 Lunch in restaurant with traditional dishes of the Northwestern Vietnam. (at your own pocket)
12:00 Drop in the pagodas of Bao Sai and One-Roof on the way returning to Hoa Yen Pagoda.
13:00 Pay a visit to Truc Lam Zen Monastery - one of the first Buddhism institutes in Vietnam.
15:00 Travel to Bac Ninh City where exists Ba Chua Kho Temple (Queen of Stock). It is said that Lady Chua Kho was a hard working woman. After marrying the king of Ly Dynasty, she asked for going to Vu Ninh area, recruited villagers for establishing village, expanded the wasteland, organized production in 72 small villages. She also kept an eyes on the food stock, maintained military provisions well during and after the victory of Song invaders in Nhu Nguyet River (Cau River) in 1076. When she died, people built a temple to dedicated to her. Annually, the temple attracts a great number of people from the whole country to worship and pray for good fortune and borrow money from her in working of the whole year.
19:00 Upon arrival in Hanoi, tour ends!
Contact: Ms Nguyen Thuy. Yahoo Chat: noidia2apttravel. Hotline: 0906.199.132
apttravel accepts the following methods of payment:
- Bank Transfer
- ATM Cards:
- International Credit Cards:
- Mobile Payment:
For usual days
- You are charged for 10%, 30% and 70% of the tour price if you call off your order more than 5 days, 3-5 days and 48-24 hours prior to your time of departure, respectively. Note: for 4-star hotels and resorts, you shall bear 100% of the tour price if you cancel your order at any time.
- You are charged for 100% of the tour price if you call off your order right on the date of departure.
For public holidays and New Year holiday
- You are charged for 40%, 50% and 70% of the tour price if you call off your order more than 7 days, 5-7 days and within 5 days prior to the date of departure, respectively. In case you call off your order right on the date of departure or without notification, you will be charged for 100% of the tour price.
- In case you wish to change your tour dates and notify us at least 7 days prior to the date of departure (applied for 3-star hotels down), you will not be charged for any more costs. If later, the case will be attributed to the above-mentioned rules. It is only possible for you to change the tour dates once.
- As for railway tickets and air tickets, the case is subject to provisions of the airlines and the trains listed from time to time.
- After cancellation, please receive your refund within 1 month from the date of cancellation. We only refund you within the period of these 30 days.
- In case of cancellation due to incidents such as natural disasters, epidemics or flight/train cancel, APT Travel will not be responsible for compensating any additional costs other than the refund of unused included services.
* Things you should bring: low-heel shoes or sport shoes.